Mark deck is a type of card deck that has markings applied to the backs of the cards. These marks allow the magician to recognize specific cards and identify them. These markings are a great tool for magic, and there are many factory printed marked decks that are incredibly useful in the world of card magic.
The first marked decks were produced with novelty in mind and these marked decks have a lot of fun applications, but these are not the only reasons that magicians use mark decks. In fact, a good mark deck can open up many opportunities that you would not otherwise have had.
1. It’s a great way to add some spice to your routines, because it allows you to use different methods and techniques that you might not normally be able to afford.
For example, if you have a spectator shuffle a deck and then put it on the table, you can now go into a trick that uses a different method of reading the marks. This can be very exciting, and can also make it easier to get a better feel for the marks without having to do a bunch of different tricks.
2. It’s a great way to learn how to read markings and perform some basic tricks, because these marked decks often come with instructional videos that will teach you how to do these things.
3. The markings are usually very easy to read if you know how, and they can be a great aid for performing card magic.
4. They give you more flexibility and potential in your performances, because they can help you create effects that would be impossible with regular cards.
5. They are a great way to develop your skills as a card magician, because they can open up a whole new world of possibilities that you never would have been able to explore with normal decks.
6. They can be used to perform amazing sleight of hand tricks, which you can’t perform with regular cards.
7) They can be used to develop your sense of touch, which is very important in card magic.
The most common application for marked decks is the use of punch work, which is a form of second deal that requires a sense of touch and perfect timing to execute a deal when a certain marked card arrives on top. This can be a very effective technique, but it’s also very difficult to do well.
7. They can be used for various kinds of card magic, including card manipulation and parlor tricks.
8. They can be used to develop your own unique style of card magic, by using a marked deck as a guide for your routines.
The best mark decks are those that are factory printed and come with resources to help you develop your own skills. This includes video tutorials, as well as a wide variety of tricks that will take advantage of the markings and allow you to perform a lot more advanced tricks than you might otherwise be able to do with regular cards.